Monday, April 02, 2012

Yes, I'm Still Alive


Earthbound Spirit just needed a sabbatical, of sorts. Nearly a year ago I accepted my first "real" ministry position. So, I've been busy!

But it's almost Easter! And you know what that means...

The fabuluous Kittredge Cherry is running the passion week series at her blog, Jesus in Love. Even if you're not Christian (I'm not), I encourage you to experience the art and fresh commentary. And to think about what we know, what we think we know, and what "stories" we've been told about the Rabbi Jesus. How do we/can we (yes, even non-Christians) honor his teachings? The series began yesterday (Palm Sunday).

And for those of you who are a bit weary of all the Easter hoopla - a little um, less uplifting "art" and snarky commentary can be found at Passion of the Tchotchke and Stations of the Kitsch.

Now, I have to figure out this pesky tax code for ministers. Self-employed? I'm sure that's not what my congregation thinks! And get back to preparing a sermon for next Sunday.

I promise to return soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I missed you. Keep coming back!

JA JA