Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Too True



I've been absent for good reasons. My old laptop crashed & burned a couple weeks ago. Right after commencement, in fact. Most of my files were backed up (thank goodness), but I lost my internet "favorites" folders, so in my nonexistent spare time I've been trying to find links I once had bookmarked. It's a slow process... And I'm wrapping things up at my internship. Then off to UUMA Ministry Days & UUA General Assembly! I know I'll see some of my fellow bloggers there. Give me a shout if you want to get together, 'kay?

I post the above instead of the nasty rants I drafted about: the murder of Dr. Tiller in his church and how this limits the options of women who find out after the half-way point of a pregnancy that it might be lethal to them; or the attempt to remove Baby Be-Bop and other young adult fiction dealing with any sexual themes from the shelves of the West Bend, WI library; or the outrageous and sad shooting at the Holocaust Museum today.

To paraphrase one of my favorite bloggers, "Jesus, I am sick of this."

3 comments:

FranIAm said...

Oh my Lord, I had no idea about the shooting.

why why why?

I am grateful to see you here, a ray of light as always.

Sorry for the computer issues, good thoughts to you always.

Earthbound Spirit said...

Thanks, Fran. I try to check your blog every day. I loved your piece quoting the Rabbi on "gay marriage fraud."

Computers - can't live without 'em, can't stay sane with 'em!

Mpeterson said...

Thank you for keeping this issue in the public eye. The visibility we received from outside the area was a great help in facing down this challenge to our rights as American citizens.

Best,
Mp