Thursday, November 22, 2007

Pausing to Give Thanks


Only nine were at our table this year - my long-suffering spouse and I, our three young adult children, my in-laws, and our two young adult nephews. The nephews' dad, my brother-in-law, and his spouse spent the holiday with her adult children and grandchildren. My mother went to my brother's to eat with him, his companion, and her children and grandchildren. Families spread out sometimes at the holiday, as well as gathering in and close.

Still, I'm grateful for those who feasted with us - I even had a small piece of the turkey to make sure I still remember how to cook it! I'm grateful my mom had a place to be and people to be with, even if she wasn't here with me. I'm grateful we were able to have one of our nephews overnight, on his way from college to home.

And I'm grateful for whoever reads this, or any of these blog posts. There are many layers to the connections in my life - and I'm grateful for that, too.

Now I've had my post-Thanksgiving feast long soak in the tub, and I'm ready to slip between the flannel sheets and sleep a good long time.

For these and the multitude of blessings in my life, I give thanks.
Amen

No comments: