Monday, June 18, 2007

More Important than being in Portland

Yes, I'm in Portland for Ministry Days and the UUA General Assembly.
It's lovely here,and I'm sure I'll learn a lot and have a moderately good time.

But today is significant in my life for a very different reason. See the guy in the tree? On June 18, 1977, in front of friends and family we made some promises to each other with a campus minister (Presbyterian) presiding. That makes today our 30th wedding anniversary.

We were young. Neither of us really had any idea what this life together would bring, but the blessings and the challenges (and there have been both!) have all been worth it. Knowing what I know now - I'd marry him all over again. I am truly blessed with a partner who knows the meaning of "speak the truth in love," which was one of our vows to each other all those years ago.

Wish he were here...

3 comments:

Lizard Eater said...

Oooh, congratulations. Mazel Tov. And wishes for more joy.

Sharon said...

Awww ... nice tribute. Sorry you aren't together on this VERY special milestone day! It sucks. Do you have a "make up" celebration planned, for after you get back?

Hugs to you, dear friend.

Earthbound Spirit said...

Thank you, LE & Sharon...
We went to dinner last Saturday - the night before Father's Day - for our anniversary. I gave him a copy of the new Einstein biography by Walter somebody. He gave me a Starbucks gift card, since I'm spending a week in a convention center that has two of them AND airports often have Starbucks kiosks in them. His rationale was that I don't have to count caffeine fixes in the budget for GA. It's all good.